The World Cup has come and gone but the soccer fields are still filled with kids playing their hearts out and, if you’re an adult on a recreational team, it’s likely that you’re still meeting to play games or practice for next season. Sports hypnosis can help you to exceed your personal best and get amped up for the next game, helping you find the confidence that you’ve always had to do well.
This is a technique often used by coaches to help players gain the confidence that they need to keep playing their best. You can use this technique in your own practices to keep yourself positive about your performance.
- Hypnosis for positive reinforcement lets you ingrain good thoughts into your subconscious mind. Learn to dig up the things that you already know and keep them in the forefront to call upon when you need them.
- Hypnosis can help you to keep a positive and calming image in your mind for dealing with high stress situations. You can use this image to feel more relaxed and access your innate skills for your best performance.
- You can learn to use hypnosis to calm yourself before every game using the positive reinforcement technique.
Your Personal Best
Many players reach a plateau as they get better and better at performing on the field. This doesn’t mean that your performance declines, but that you reach a personal best and feel that there is nowhere else to go. You can use sports hypnosis to create new goals for yourself and keep improving your performance.
- Doing the same movements over and over can create muscle memory that makes it difficult to learn new moves and improve your sports performance. Use hypnosis to help your body break free of this limitation so that you can reach the next level.
- Your personal best is just that: personal. You are the only person that can make new goals for yourself and try to reach them. It has to be something that you want.
- Use hypnosis to get excited again about your sports performance. After you’ve reached all of your goals, creating new ones can seem daunting or trivial. Don’t let that stop you from doing so!
When you use hypnosis for any type of self-improvement, it doesn’t end when you leave the office. Your sessions are just the beginning of learning to get to the next level and exceed the goals you’ve reached in the past. As you go through your hypnotherapy sessions, be active in what you’d like to achieve with your hypnotherapist. Talk to her and ask questions about how you can continue your work outside of the office. In the end, all hypnosis is self-hypnosis so it’s up to you to follow through when you’re on the field and out in your life outside of your hypnotherapy sessions. Believe that you can create true and lasting change!